Monday, September 14, 2009

September Fermentation Friday - Topic Announced

I'm excited to announce that this months Fermentation Friday will be hosted by me. After much deliberating, I've finally chosen a topic. "What turned you on to Craft Beer"

As homebrewers, we all enjoy quality brewed Craft beer. But, if you grew up like I did, there wasn't any craft beer around the house. My father, uncle's and cousins all drank Coors, Bud, Michelob and so naturally that's what I started drinking when I first drank beer. But something made me stray from the swill. So, this month tell me a story. How did you find your way to craft beer? Were you one of the lucky one's who parents drank good beer early one, or did you need to find it on your own??

I'll post a reminder when the date gets closer, but hopefully this will give you some time to reminisce some.

Cheers!
Jason

6 comments:

Adam said...

I like it. I nice break from all Homebrew topics. I wonder if anybody started by drinking Homebrew?

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

Yeah, I tried to do somethign a little different. Hopefully people like the topic. That would be pretty cool if someone did. But with Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day it's entirely possible.

MacAttack Brewing said...

Great idea! We know that homebrewing, if it comes first, inevitably leads to craft beer. For most of us though, I think it's the craft beer experience that leads us to believe, "I think I can do this too!" I remember both epiphanies real well...

Jason said...

Mac, I agree. I'm very interested to hear peoples stories. My guess is there will be more diversity in experiences than we think!! It should be interesting!

Jason

Adam said...

I'll get to this a little later today.