Thursday, May 15, 2008

Raspberry Wheat's been a long time since I've last posted. I've had a horrible couple of weeks personally, and on top of that work has been really busy. I have been struggling with time to do anything so with the few free hours I found, I brewed. I only had a few hours, so I decided to take the easy/road and do an all Extract brew. I'm ok with it though, because the extract brews I've done have turned out great, so why not. I needed to reduce the insanity in my life, and anything helped. Here is the recipe. I'll bottle it this weekend, so i'll update with the outcome.


6.6 lbs. Wheat Malt Extract


1 oz. Cluster (6.5% - 60 min)


Wyeast 1056 - American Ale

Fruit Extract:

4 oz. Raspberry extract

OG - 1.044

Boiled for 60 minutes, chilled to 80 f and pitched yeast. Racked to secondary on 5/8. I think I might have racked it a little too soon (stupid I know) because there was still some action in the primary, but very sporadic, so I decided to do it anyway. It's slowed significantly, so I will bottle this weekend with 5 oz of priming sugar.